Tired of spending tons of money on beauty products that you’re not even sure work? Bump up your beauty regimen and achieve that glowing, youthful skin and shiny, long hair you’ve always wanted using these 4 essential oils. Keep reading to find out how to use these 4 essential oils for naturally amazing skin and hair.
♥This post contains affiliate links and ads. You can find quality essential oils in many places these days so please don’t feel obligated to buy through my links. I’ve used the brands in the links that I have, so i know they work well. If you do purchase through the link, I absolutely appreciate it!♥
Lavender Essential Oil
You want to make sure you’re getting the real stuff Lavendula Agustufola. In some of my research I found that it has anti-inflammatory properties.
1. I mentioned in my no poo post about using it in my “conditioner”. It moisturizes and makes my hair smell amazing.
2. I also use it in my beauty masks as well. A few drops with some tea tree oil ,which I mentioned in my natural beauty faves post, in some raw honey or combined with acv( apple cider vinegar) and indian healing clay can help to heal acne and other skin conditions.
3. I make a spray with water and use it on my feet at night to keep calm and fall asleep faster. Just 15 or 20 drops with some water and spray it on the bottom of your feet. The pores there help absorb it into the body pretty quickly. This isn’t used directly on the face or hair, but part of beautiful skin is getting your beauty rest.
Bonus Use!– I also use it in my dryer. I put a few drops onto my dryer ball separators and my clothes smell so great when they’re dry. Not over powering either.
Tea Tree Oil-
This stuff isn’t the most pleasant smelling. But it works wonders in killing bacteria.
1. I use it on a cotton pad and hold it for several seconds over my acne and almost immediately it is gone. I’ve seen firsthand how it can shrink a zit over night (if it’s a monster you can use garlic although it does sting a bit). I use it on my face mostly in masks and to spot treat.
2. Combine it with a carrier oil, like jojoba, and use it as your moisturizer.
Peppermint can moisturize your scalp and keep dandruff at bay.
1. I use peppermint oil in my shampoo. When I say shampoo I mean using baking soda and water to make it,like my recipe here. I add 10-20 drops.
2. It keeps you alert too so you can sniff it or use it in a diffuser to wake yourself up a little bit. It helps with mental clarity and I’ve even heard it can help you remember better…not sure if that’s true or not. Better than drinking too much caffeine and sugar, which can damage your skin from the inside out.
Rosemary Essential oil is said to promote hair growth.
1. When I make my baking soda “shampoo” I use peppermint and rosemary drops to to help with hair growth. It smells great too.
2. The mask I used Rosemary oil in is 10 to 20 drops in a couple teaspoons of almond oil. Heat it slightly in the microwave and massage into your scalp. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before a shower (longer is better in this case though). Wash it out with your shampoo and conditioner. It leaves your hair feeling softer and helps with hair growth.
Essential oils aren’t just for smelling but for helping you achieve your most beautiful you! Try them out and let me know below if you’ve used these oils or any others to get great hair and skin. Choa Bellas! May God bless you and keep you (Numbers 6:24).