Honey is amazing for your skin. It’s been used for thousands of years all around the world for healing and medicinal purposes. It’s anti-bacterial, has anti fungal properties, moisturizes, and has antioxidants. That makes it perfect to use in a honey face wash for acne. I’ve been playing with this recipe for a few weeks now and I’ve finally perfected it. So if you want to find out how to hydrate your skin and clear acne, keep reading.
3 tbsp Honey (raw unfiltered or manuka, either will work)
1 tbsp Castile soap (any scent, I used Dr. Bronner’s brand Lavender)
1 tbsp water (cooled off boiled or distilled)
1/2 tsp of jojoba oil (you can use grapeseed or almond oil as well)
20 drops of lavender and tea tree oil essential oils
How to make it:
1. Pour the 3 tablespoons of honey into your container. It is thick so I used a chopstick to help push it through quicker.
2. Add your tablespoon of Castile Soap. I only had peppermint, but I’ve made it with lavender as well.
3. Add your 1/2 teaspoon of Jojoba oil.
4. Add your 20 drops each of Lavender Essential Oil and Tea Tree Essential Oil. You can also use Frankincense essential oil, but I can’t stand the smell so I chose not to use it.
5. Add the tablespoon of water. I used boiled water that had cooled, but you can also use distilled water if you have it.
As you can see from the picture above, the honey takes a while to drain all the way through. Once everything is added together, swirl it until everything is combined. It will look like this if you use a dark manuka honey like me.
How to use:
Wet your face with warm water and pour a nickel to quarter sized amount into the palm of your hand. Lather it a little and work into your skin for at least one minute. Rinse it off with warm water and apply a toner. I use this recipe. Pat your skin dry with a paper towel or clean hand towel and moisturize.
The combination has been working to clear my skin of acne. I’ve noticed my skin is softer, more hydrated, and smoother. Aloe vera can also be added to the face wash to moisturize and kill acne bacteria even more. Down below are a few sites that I used to help make my decision to make my face wash. They also helped to make my choices for which ingredients to use.
I hope this recipe helps clear your skin just as much as it’s been helping with mine. If you added other ingredients let me know below.